Tuesday 10 December 2013

Independent work towards target Blog post #39

Independent Work Towards Target:
Blog Post #39

In my previous blog I set my self five SMART targets in which I said that it will help me produce an overall better final piece of work. One of the five targets I set myself was the focus on sound a lot this is because within my preliminary there was no voice over and you could hear the door shut twice. After setting that target I realised that I could watch a few videos on Foley in order to increase my knowledge on Foley and sound-making in films. Foley is a technique used in post production, it is where sound designers record sound over the initial sound recording in order to enhance the original sound and make it more audience appealing, this is done in films, documentaries and even games.

So I am currently creating a Foley post which has not been published yet but will be published after this post, the post itself contains information which I did not know before setting myself these smart targets.



I was also watching a video on Foley which has given me interesting information such Initially film-makers only had one layer of sound which meant that they had to film it perfectly (visual and audio) in one, but due to technology advancing we can now multi-layer our sounds and have as many sounds as we want. I hope to you Foley and multi-layering sound in my final media product this is because I think it is a simple but effective way to make you media product stand out and more appealing to the audience. 




The link to the video will be posted in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment